If you're out of chili powder, there's no need to go to the store. You probably have everything you need right in your pantry.
This is an easy homemade chili powder recipe. Use it in chili, meatloaf, pasta dishes, and any place you might want chili powder or Southwestern flavors.
The recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- The above measurements yield around 2 tablespoons. To yield around 1/2 cup, use tablespoons rather than teaspoons
- Use it in a recipe or transfer to a jar or airtight container for future use. Store in a cool, dark place.
- Use this easy chili seasoning in burger and meatloaf mixes, in chili, and Tex-Mex dishes.
More Seasoning Recipes