These easy potato chips will satisfy that salty snack craving, and you get to control the salt.
- 6 or more medium potatoes
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat the oil (an inch or two) in a deep heavy saucepan, saute pan, or deep fat fryer to 370° F.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice as thin as possible.
- An old fashioned cabbage slicer can be used or use a sharp knife or food processor with a thin slicing blade.
- Immediately immerse the potato slices in a bowl of ice cold water and let stand for at least one hour. Dry them thoroughly by shaking them in a towel.
- Fry the chips in small batches in the hot oil until a light golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels or brown paper bags.
- Salt lightly. Cool the chips and enjoy, or store them at room temperature in a food storage bag or covered container.
You Might Also Like