Why make strawberry banana smoothies from a powdered mix when it is so easy to make your own? I don't add yogurt to this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, because the banana alone makes it plenty thick and creamy.
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced or whole strawberries (or fresh strawberries)
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 cup ice, if using fresh strawberries instead of frozen
- Place strawberries and banana in a blender, food processor or Vita-Mix Blender (compare prices). If using fresh strawberries in place of frozen, add ice at this point.
- Top with orange juice concentrate and soy milk.
- Puree until smooth.
If using a blender, you may have trouble pureeing the strawberries, especially if they are whole. Stop the blender. Remove it from its motor base. Remove the cover and use a spoon to push the strawberries down into the blades.
Replace the cover, and puree until smooth.