These bone-in honey baked chicken breasts are easy to prepare and bake, and they're delicious with rice or noodles or served with roasted or baked potatoes. This chicken dish makes a great everyday meal for a family, or prepare this meal for a busy weekend.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in, about 3 pounds
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Combine the honey, brown sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the flour, salt, thyme, paprika, and pepper in a food storage bag; add chicken pieces and shake to coat.
- Put melted butter and oil in a baking dish. Place the chicken in the baking dish, turning with tongs until coated with the butter and oil mixture. Arrange the chicken breasts, skin side up; bake for 20 minutes.
- Pour the honey mixture over the chicken and continue baking for 20 to 30 minutes, basting a few times. The chicken should register at least 165 F in the thickest part, not touching bone.
- Serve these tasty chicken breasts with hot cooked rice or roasted or baked potatoes for a fabulous meal. Serves 4.
Honey Baked Chicken Drumsticks
These delicious chicken legs are baked then coated with a honey, brown sugar, and lemon mixture. Not only is this a quick and easy meal to fix and bake, it's also easy on the budget. Serve these chicken drumsticks with rice, roasted potatoes, or noodles for a wonderful family meal any night of the week.
Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts
A simple mixture of honey mustard and apricot preserves flavors these delicious boneless chicken breast halves. Serve these tasty chicken breasts with rice and a tossed green salad or steamed vegetables.
Honey Dijon Baked Chicken
Split bone-in chicken breasts are baked with a delicious mixture of honey, spicy mustard, and curry powder, for a super everyday meal. This chicken is absolutely delicious with cooked kale or chard and baked potatoes. Serve a simple green salad or sliced tomatoes on the side.
Tami's Honey-Mustard Chicken
Thanks to Tami for sharing this easy honey and mustard chicken for the slow cooker. The chicken is made with a simple combination of Dijon mustard and honey, slow cooked for 3 to 6 hours.
Honey Citrus Chicken
Grill or broil these flavorful honey citrus chicken breast halves. Chipotle Tabasco sauce gives these chicken breasts a tantalizing smoky flavor, but feel free to use regular Tabasco.
These are great with potatoes or potato salad and your favorite side vegetables.