A simple mixture of honey mustard, and apricot preserves flavors these flavorful chicken breasts. Serve these tasty chicken breasts with rice and a tossed green salad or steamed vegetables.
- 5 tablespoons prepared honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- Dash pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 to 6 chicken boneless breast halves
In a small bowl combine the honey mustard, apricot preserves, vinegar, tarragon, rosemary, pepper, and green onions. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake the chicken.
Lightly grease a baking dish; heat oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4).
Heat the oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken just until browned, turning to brown both sides.
Place the browned chicken in the prepared baking dish.
Spoon the honey and mustard mixture over the chicken breasts. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. This depends on the thickness of the chicken breasts.*
Serves 3 to 6.
*For faster cooking, use thinly sliced chicken breast cutlets or flatten smaller chicken breasts by pounding between sheets of plastic wrap.
You Might Also Like