This injection marinade adds real heat under the skin of any poultry. If you want a little fire in your bird, this is a great sauce to use. Make sure you only put small amounts in each place so you don't end up with large pockets of hot sauce.
- 1 cup (240 mL) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Louisiana hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) salt
1. Place all ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to a medium simmer on the stove top for about 1 minute. Reduce heat and let mixture simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes until salt has dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow marinade mixture sit for 10 minutes or so until it reaches room temperature.
2. Read more about how to use turkey injection.
3. You can make this about 3 days ahead of time and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Warm slightly before using.