This baked cheese dip is the perfect dish to bring to a potluck, tailgate, or party.
It is a hot baked cheese dip made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, ham, and peppers, along with seasonings and bread. Regardless of where you are, this Southern favorite packs a lot of punch and is sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
- 2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup cooked diced ham
- 1 can (about 4 ounces) chopped mild green chiles
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno peppers, or to taste, optional
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 round loaf of bread (boule)
- In a medium bowl, combine Cheddar and cream cheese, sour cream, ham, chile peppers, chopped green onions, and Worcester sauce. Mix to blend well. Set aside.
- Cut a thin slice from top of bread loaf; set slice aside. Using a serrated knife, carefully cut vertically to, but not through, the bottom of the loaf about 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Lift out the center of the loaf and cut the bread into 1-inch cubes. Put the bread cubes in a bowl; cover and set aside.
- Fill hollowed bread loaf with the dip and cover it with the top slice of bread loaf.
- Wrap the filled loaf well in foil. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour. Serve with reserved bread cubes, crackers, or potato chips.
- Instead of ham, add about 1/4 cup of diced cooked bacon.
You Might Also Like