This simple gift in a jar makes a fun gift for everyone on your list. You can make up several of them quickly.
- Age Guideline: 5 Years and Up
- Time Required: 30 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- Baby Food Jar
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Miniature marshmallows
- Hershey Kiss Candy
- Small Candy Cane
- 4-inch or Larger Fabric Scrap
- Craft Glue
- Clean the baby food jar and make sure it is completely dry.
- Put a one cup serving of the hot cocoa mix into the jar. Fill the jar to the top with the miniature marshmallows. Put the cover on the jar tightly.
- Cut the fabric into a 4-inch circle. Cut a piece of ribbon about 12-inches long. Set the fabric circle, centered, on top of the jar lid. Tie the ribbon around the fabric along the edge of the lid. Tie a bow in the ribbon.
- Glue the Hershey Kiss candy to the top of the lid. Glue the small candy cane onto the side of the jar. You can also tie the candy cane on with the ribbon if you prefer.
- Print out these directions and include them with your gift:
Hot Chocolate in a Jar
To warm yourself on a cold afternoon
pour this jar of chocolate and marshmallows
into a cup of hot water. Unwrap the Kiss
and drop it into your cup. Stir it all
together using the candy cane and enjoy!