This is a basic hot cocoa recipe.
The cocoa is made with unsweetened cocoa powder and it's topped with mini marshmallows. It's especially good for fall and winter days, but I love it any time of the year.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Garnish: marshmallows (miniature)
- Blend cocoa and sugar in a small bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk to scalding. Mix about 1/3 cup of the hot milk into the cocoa and sugar mixture, then pour cocoa mixture into the hot milk in the saucepan; stir until well blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Serve the cocoa topped with mini marshmallows.