These tuna and egg sandwich buns are wrapped in foil and baked in the oven. The melted cheese and sliced olives make these hot tuna sandwiches extra special.
Use hot dog rolls or hamburger buns for these tasty sandwiches.
These are great sandwiches for a party. Bake them and then keep them wrapped and warm for serving in the slow cooker on the warm or low setting.
Simple Egg Salad
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded or cut in small cubes
- 4 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 large pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced, or 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 hot dog rolls
- In a medium bowl, combine flaked tuna, cheese, egg, mayonnaise, pickle relish, onion, sliced olives, if using, and salt; mix well.
- Spoon tuna mixture into hot dog rolls; wrap each roll in foil. Place foil wrapped sandwiches in a preheated 400 F oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes; serve hot from the oven
You Might Also Like