01 of 09
Paper Crafting 101: How to Gift Wrap a Bouquet of Flowers
One of the nicest gifts you can give someone is a bouquet of flowers. Flowers are the type of gift that most people will truly appreciate. Flowers are inexpensive but beautiful. It doesn't matter if you purchase them in the grocery store, florist or if they come from your garden. A beautiful bouquet makes a lovely and thoughtful gift.
Take care when planning your floral presentation. Make sure to coordinate your tissue papers and ribbons with the colors of your flowers. The extra bit of... effort will make your flower bouquet go from ordinary to spectacular.
Supplies Needed:Continue to 2 of 9 below.
02 of 09
Cut Wrapping Paper to Size and Place Face Down on Table
Continue to 3 of 9 below.
- Cut the wrapping paper into a 20-inch by 26-inch rectangle. Sometimes you may have to use a bigger sized sheet if your bouquet is extra large.
- Place the wrapping paper face down on your table.
- Place tissue paper onto the wrapping paper covering the entire back.
03 of 09
Position the Flowers Diagonally Onto the Wrapping Paper
3. Place the wrapping or kraft paper face down onto your work surface.
4. Turn the sheet diagonally so that a point is on top.
5. Cover with a square of tissue paper, making sure the tissue paper covers the wrapper accurately.
6. Slide the tissue paper over the point so that an inch of tissue paper is over the top of the pointed edge. The tissue paper will peek out over the edge of the wrapper when the flowers are wrapped adding a pretty contrast to the floral presentation.
7. Arrange the bouquet in... your hand, Place the greenery on the bottom and the flowers on top in an attractive arrangement. It may be difficult at first, but holding the bouquet in your hand becomes easier with practice.
8. Place the flowers onto the tissue paper diagonally as in the photo above.
9. Double check the position of the flowers in your bouquet and make any necessary adjustments.Continue to 4 of 9 below.
04 of 09
Fold the Wrapping Paper Around the Bouquet
9. Fold the left corner of the outside wrapper and tissue paper diagonally towards the center as in the photo above. Be careful not to wrinkle the wrapper or tissue paper underneath.
*A Quick Tip: Running a bone folder over the crease will give it a clean crisp edge.Continue to 5 of 9 below.
05 of 09
Fold the Wrapper and Secure With Tape
10. Fold the left corner once again over the flowers and secure with clear tape.Continue to 6 of 9 below.
06 of 09
Fold the Right Corner of the Wrapper Diagonally Towards the Center
11. Fold the right corner of the wrapper and tissue paper diagonally towards the center as in the photo above.Continue to 7 of 9 below.
07 of 09
Secure the Back of the Wrapped Floral Bouquet With Tape
12. Wrap the right corner once again over the flowers and secure to the back of the package with clear tape.
*(Optional) Use a stapler to secure your floral package.Continue to 8 of 9 below.
08 of 09
Fold the Bottom Over and Secure With Tape
13. The floral wrapper will have a point at the bottom. Turn the flower package over, fold the point up and secure with tape.Continue to 9 of 9 below.
09 of 09
Tie Pretty String or Raffia Around the Wrapped Bouquet
14. Tie a pretty matching string, ribbon or raffia around the floral package.
Give your beautifully wrapped flowers to someone and watch them smile with delight! You don't have to wait for Valentine's Day to give the object of your affections a gift of flowers. Make someone's day today.