01 of 09
Paper Crafting 101: How to Gift Wrap a Bouquet of Flowers
One of the nicest gifts you can give someone is a bouquet of flowers. Flowers are the type of gift that most people will truly appreciate. Flowers are inexpensive but beautiful.It doesn't matter if you purchase them in the grocery store, florist or if they come from your garden. A beautiful bouquet makes a lovely and thoughtful gift.
Are you looking for a present for that person who has everything? Don't know what kind of gift to give someone you don't know that well? A gorgeous bouquet... is an answer! Who doesn't like getting a beautiful piece of nature which they can enjoy in their home environment?
Flowers have long been symbols of romance. Many a man has pursued the object of his affections with gifts of flowers. Flowers are also given to celebrate life's occasions such as graduations and birthdays.
A handful of flowers are beautiful, but you can make the gift look high end when you add some extra effort to their presentation. Take the time to buy heavy duty wrapping paper that matches the colors of the flowers plus some tissue paper that has colors that blend well with the wrapping paper. Add some beautiful ribbon and voila you have a gift that looks high end and expensive.
Gift wrapping flowers is super easy to do! Follow the steps in this tutorial, and even if you have never wrapped a flower in your life you will quickly have fantastic results!
Continue to 2 of 9 below.
- Heavy duty wrapping paper or Kraft Paper
- Tissue paper
- Clear tape
- Bouquet of flowers
- Ribbon or raffia
- *(optional) Stapler
02 of 09
Cut Wrapping Paper to Size and Place Face Down on Table
Continue to 3 of 9 below.
- Cut the wrapping paper into a 20" x 26" square. Most prepackaged floral bouquets purchased from the grocery store work with paper wrapping squares this size. Use your judgement if you are gift wrapping flowers from your garden. A full bouquet of flowers may need a larger sheet of wrapping paper, or you may require smaller squares if packing smaller posies.
- Tissue paper comes in 20" x 26" squares if you are buying the prepacked variety found in most discount stores. If you are... using larger sheets of wrapping paper, just add a couple of extra sheets of tissue paper so that the outside wrapper is covered.
03 of 09
Place the Bouquet Diagonally Onto the Wrapping Paper
3. Place the wrapping or kraft paper face down onto your work surface.
4. Turn the sheet diagonally so that a point is on top.
5. Cover with a square of tissue paper, making sure the tissue paper covers the wrapper accurately.
6. Slide the tissue paper up over the point so that an inch of tissue paper is over the top of the pointed edge. The tissue paper will peek out over the edge of the wrapper when the flowers are wrapped adding a pretty contrast to the floral presentation.
7. Arrange the bouquet... in your hand so that the greenery is on the bottom and the flowers are placed in an attractive arrangement.
8.Place the flowers onto the tissue paper diagonally as in the photo above.Continue to 4 of 9 below.
04 of 09
Fold the Wrapping Paper Around the Bouquet
9. Fold the left corner of the outside wrapper and tissue paper diagonally towards the center as in the photo above. Be careful not to crease the wrapper or tissue paper underneath.Continue to 5 of 9 below.
05 of 09
Fold the Wrapper and Secure With Tape
10. Fold the left corner once again over the flowers and secure with clear tape.Continue to 6 of 9 below.
06 of 09
Fold the Right Corner of the Wrapper Diagonally Towards the Center
11. Fold the right corner of the wrapper and tissue paper diagonally towards the center as in the photo above.Continue to 7 of 9 below.
07 of 09
Secure the Back of the Wrapped Floral Bouquet With Tape
12. Wrap the right corner once again over the flowers and secure to the back of the package with clear tape.
*(Optional) Use a stapler to secure your floral package adding a couple of staples to the floral package bottomContinue to 8 of 9 below.
08 of 09
Fold the Bottom Over and Secure With Tape
13. The floral wrapper will have a point at the bottom. Turn the flower package over, fold the point up and secure with tape.Continue to 9 of 9 below.
09 of 09
Tie Pretty String or Raffia Around the Wrapped Bouquet
14. Tie a pretty matching string, ribbon or raffia around the floral package.
Give your beautifully wrapped flowers to someone and watch them smile with delight! This is a gift that almost every woman will love to receive! You don't have to wait for Valentine's day to give the object of your affections a gift of flowers! Make someone's day today!