Feeling a little stressed? Then you're going to want to craft this DIY stress ball! Not only is this stress ball great for relieving your stress, this squishable craft also makes a fun gift for others to enjoy a stress-free day!
Time Required: 20 minutes
Here's How To Make a Stress Ball
What You Need:
- Corn Starch
Instructions for How To Make a Stress Ball:
- Get a small round balloon. Do not use water balloons; they are too thin.
- Blow up the balloon until it is about 4-5 inches around, but do not tie it.
- Pinch the top of the balloon shut an inch or 2 from the hole.
- Place a funnel inside the opening of the balloon while pinching it shut.
- Fill the top of the funnel with cornstarch.
- Slowly let go of the top of the balloon so the cornstarch can slide into the balloon.
- Continue adding cornstarch to the funnel until your balloon is filled to about 3 inches.
- Pull up tightly on the opening of the balloon and pinch out any extra air.
- Tie the balloon closed as near to the cornstarch as you can.
- You can decorate your stress ball with stickers or permanent markers if you like.
Tips for Making a Stress Ball:
- This project is easier to make with 2 people!
- You might need to tap the funnel or stir the cornstarch occasionally to keep it moving into the balloon.
- If you decorate your stress ball watch what kind of markers you use. Some markers will leave stains on your hands when you are squeezing the stress ball.
Have fun making a "stress-free" craft! It's not only fun to make, relieving stress, but also great to have on hand when you're have tense moments.
Want more ideas for relieving stress? Here are 3 ways you'll love!
- Hydrating and Nourishing Eye Treatments
- Pilates Exercises for Energy, Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Kinetic Sand Recipe
More balloon crafts kids can make themselves:
- 3 DIY Balloon Ideas For Your Next Party
- Teach Your Child Science By Exploding This Balloon
- How to Play Battle of the Balloons at a Party