01 of 06
How to Make an Easy Paper Pumpkin
This is an easy paper pumpkin to make. The three dimensional round pumpkin is made from strips of paper that are fastened together. The strips are formed into a pumpkin shape and it is simple to make the paper pumpkin larger or smaller by adjusting the length and width of the paper strips. Use orange paper to create a pumpkin look or use different colors for an unusual effect. We rubber stamped the paper with a terracotta ink to add extra detail to the finished paper pumpkin.
- Med...ium or heavyweight paper in orange plus a scrap of green paper (to make the paper pumpkin shown you will need enough paper to cut 6 strips which are 12 inches in length and an inch wide)
- 2 Brads
- Scissors, pencil, ruler and other craft tools
See the following pages for a step by step guide.
More Halloween Rubber Stamping and Craft Projects
- Greetings and Sentiments for Halloween - add a spookily suitable sentiment to a Halloween craft project for the perfect finishing touch! Whether you are looking for a few words to add to a handmade card or a sentiment for a scrapbook project, we've got a wide range of ideas
- Make Your Own Halloween Foam Stamps - create your own foam Halloween stamps using our templates. These are ideal for making gift wrap and using in other Halloween rubber stamping projects.
- Make a Halloween Candle - use rubber stamps to make a Halloween candle. Simple rubber stamping techniques are all that is required to make these lovely Halloween candles.
- Halloween Templates - use these templates for Halloween themed rubber stamping projects.
- Coffin Gift Box - make this easy coffin gift box using our free printable template.
Halloween Rubber Stamping Hints and Tips
Continue to 2 of 6 below.
- Essential Halloween Rubber Stamping Supplies List - there are a few rubber stamping essentials that will be useful for many Halloween rubber stamping projects.
- Halloween Rubber Stamping for Beginners - a beginners guide to Halloween rubber stamping. Make your own special Halloween decorations, invitations and much more! Here's a guide to the essentials which will help you get started.
- Buying Halloween Rubber Stamps - tips for buying Halloween rubber stamps for beginners. With a little planning, a few Halloween rubber stamps are all that is required for many Halloween rubber stamping projects.
- How to Pick Colors for Halloween Rubber Stamping Projects - pick a few key colors that can be used in a whole variety of Halloween rubber stamping projects.
02 of 06
Cut the Paper Into Strips
Stamp the paper if required and cut the paper into strips that are about 12 inches in length and an inch wide. The size of the pumpkin can be varied by changing the size of the strips. Different effects can be achieved by using more or fewer strips to form the pumpkin shape.Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
Mark the Center
Mark the center point of each strip of paper. Either punch a hole in the center or pierce a hole with a needle (this will make it easier to push the brads through).Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
Place a Brad Through the Strips
Thread a brad through the hole at the center point of each strip of paper. Carefully fan the paper strips out so they are evenly distributed.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Form the Strips of Paper into a Pumpkin Shape
Bend the strips of paper up until a globe shape is formed. Fasten the pieces into place with the second brad.Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
Finish the Pumpkin
Cut a couple of leaf shapes from the green scrap paper and add this to the top of the pumpkin. Make tendrils by curling a thin strip of paper around a pencil or knitting needle and attach this to the top of the pumpkin for a pretty finishing touch. The pumpkin is now ready to enjoy! Add a piece of thread or string to the top of the pumpkin if you would like to use it as a hanging decoration.