01 of 06
How to make a Hexagon from rectangular paper!
Learn how to fold a perfect hexagon from a rectangle with these easy to follow step by step instructions.
This method will work with any size rectangular paper such as A4, A2 or US letter paper.
You will also need a pair of scissors or a blade and cutting board to trim off the excess paper.
You will be left with a... perfect hexagon with folds in the usual places that you would usually fold at the start of most origami models.Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
How to make a Hexagon from a rectangle - Step 1
1. Start with your rectangular paper landscape as shown.
2. Fold the paper in half bottom to top.
3. Unfold the paper.
4. Fold the bottom edge up to the crease you just created.Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
How to make a Hexagon - Step 2
5. Fold the top to the middle as well.
6. Now unfold the last two folds.
7. Fold the bottom left corner inwards so that it lines up with the horizontal fold at the bottom and also the center crease.
8. Repeat step 7 on the top left.Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
How to make a Hexagon - Step 3
9. Unfold the last two folds.
10. Bring the top right corner of the paper down to the left.
11. Align it with the top left diagonal crease.
12. Bring the bottom right corner up to the left and align it with the bottom left diagonal crease.
13. You should have this. Unfold.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
How to make a Hexagon - Step 4
14. Unfold the paper.
15. Fold the bottom right corner up to the left and align it with the last crease.
16. Bring the top right corner down to the left and align with the crease you made in step 11.
17. Unfold and then fold the paper in half bottom to top.Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
How to make a Hexagon - Step 5
18. Cut the paper along the creases that are indicated.
19. Unfold the paper!
You should now have yourself a perfect hexagon!
Did you make a hexagon? Tag #paperkawaii on instagram so that I can see!
For more tutorials and also video tutorials, I run a youtube channel called Paper Kawaii, also check out some of my websites below if you like :)