01 of 08
Gather the Ingredients
Gather the ingredients to make 14 enchiladas:
Continue to 2 of 8 below.
- 3/4 cup oil
- 14 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups homemade enchilada sauce or one 28-ounce can store-bought sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese or other fillings
02 of 08
Prepare the Tortiilas
Continue to 3 of 8 below.
- Warm the oil over very low heat in a heatproof shallow dish or skillet. You want it very warm, but not burning hot.
- Keep another heatproof dish or skillet over low heat to keep the tortillas warm.
- Dip each tortilla in the warm oil for 5 to 8 seconds until tortilla is warmed through and pliable. Set aside in warming pan to stay warm until you're ready to use them.
03 of 08
Dip Tortillas in Enchilada Sauce
Continue to 4 of 8 below.
- Put the homemade or purchased enchilada sauce in a shallow dish or bowl so that you can easily dip the tortillas in it.
- Take 1 tortilla and carefully dip it into the sauce until it is thoroughly coated.
04 of 08
Continue to 5 of 8 below.
- Lay the sauce-coated tortilla in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of cheese or filling of choice down the middle. Fold one side over, then the other side. Turn it over seam side down so the tortilla stays closed.
- Repeat with each tortilla, until you have filled the pan. Depending on the amount of filling of used and the size of the tortilla, you may use between 10 to 14 tortillas.
05 of 08
Add Remaining Sauce
Pour the remaining sauce evenly over all of the enchiladas in the pan.Continue to 6 of 8 below.
06 of 08
Sprinkle any remaining cheese over the top of the enchiladas in the pan.Continue to 7 of 8 below.
07 of 08
Bake the Enchiladas
Heat oven to 350 F. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.Continue to 8 of 8 below.
08 of 08
Enjoy the Enchiladas
If you can, let the enchiladas sit for 10 minutes to cool down before serving. Accompany with a lettuce and tomato salad with crumbled Cotija cheese (the Mexican version of Parmesan cheese), guacamole and Mexican yellow rice.