Creme fraiche is a thick cream used in sauces and soups and as a condiment for fresh fruits. Learn how to make homemade creme fraiche. Plan ahead as this will take some time.
Time Required: 8-14 hours
- 1 cup whipping cream mixed with 2 tablespoons buttermilk.
- Combine well in glass jar and cover.
- Let stand at room temperature (about 70 degrees F.) for 8 to 24 hours, or until thickened.
- Stir well and refrigerate.
- Use within 10 days.
- Use as a thickener for soups or sauces.
- Spoon over fresh fruits, puddings or warm cobblers.
- Can be used in boiled recipes as it will not curdle.
What You Need:
- whipping cream
- glass jar