01 of 05
Carefully Measure Out Spices
You Will Need:
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground mace
- 1/3 tsp ground ginger
- 1/5 tsp ground white pepper (a pinch)
- 1/5 tsp ground cardamom (a pinch)
- 1/5 tsp ground coriander seeds (a pinch)
- 1/5 tsp ground anise seeds (a pinch)
- 1/5 tsp grated nutmeg (a pinch)
Continue to 2 of 5 below.
- If you can't find (or don't have) some of the ingredients it is OK to leave some out, but make sure you include the cinnamon, cloves, mace, and ginger.
- If you only have whole spices at home, you can grind the spices... yourself using a coffee grinder, or even a food processor and a fine sieve.
- If you need koekkruiden for a recipe, leave out the cloves.
02 of 05
Mix Spices Well
On a wooden board, or in a small bowl, mix the spices well. A bowl works best.Continue to 3 of 5 below.
03 of 05
Scoop Into Little Jar
Once the spices are mixed well, scoop them into a little container (I use a clean mini jam jar). I use two teaspoons to do the scooping, it seems to go easier that way. Mix again with the back end of a teaspoon, or put the lid on and shake.Continue to 4 of 5 below.
04 of 05
Write a Label
Don't forget to write a label for your new spice mix, especially since it can be indistinquishable from certain other spices.Continue to 5 of 5 below.
05 of 05