You may have roasted peanuts in your oven but you can also roast them in your microwave. Try this quick and easy method.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Peanuts must be shelled (shell removed).
- Place 2 cups of peanuts in a 10- by 16-inch glass baking dish.
- Dot with 2 teaspoons butter.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Microwave on high another 2 minutes.
- Continue cooking and stirring every two minutes until slightly under desired doneness level.
- Peanuts continue to cook when removed from oven.
- Cook a total of 10 minutes for light roast or 12 minutes for darker roast.
- Let cool 10 minutes before eating.
- Store cooked shelled peanuts in an airtight container up to 3 months in refrigerator or 6 months in freezer.
- Choose unshelled peanuts that have clean, unbroken, unblemished shells that do not rattle when shaken.
- 1-1/2 pounds of unshelled peanuts equals about 1 pound shelled or 3-1/2 to 4 cups.
- Store unshelled raw peanuts in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 6 months.
What You Need:
- glass baking dish