Are you considering filing for child support in Georgia or requesting a child support modification? The following "Frequently Asked Questions" will help you learn more about the process as you prepare to request Georgia child support:
How Do I Locate My Local Georgia Child Support Agency?
Georgia child support resources can be found both online and at your local child support enforcement agency.
- Visit the Georgia Office of Child Support Services website
- Locate your local child support agency
How Can I File for Georgia Child Support?
In Georgia, you can apply for child support right from the Division of Child Support Services website. The following steps will help you establish a child support order in Georgia:
- Become familiar with Georgia's child support guidelines.
- Optional: Use the Georgia Child Support Calculator to estimate the amount of child support you will receive.
- Apply for Georgia child support online through the Division of Child Support Services website.
- Alternatively, print a child support application from the website and mail it to your local Child Support Agency.
- Follow up on your application through your local Child Support Agency.
Where Can I Access Additional Georgia Child Support Resources?
There are several federal and state resources which may be helpful to you, including: