Sun-dried tomatoes are a great staple to give a quick flavor boost to recipes, but you will need to first reconstitute them. Here's how.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in heat-proof bowl.
- Completely cover with boiling water.
- Let sit for 30 minutes until soft and pliable.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Reserve the soaking liquid to use in soups and sauces.
- Refrigerate and use leftovers within three days or cover with oil and refrigerate and use within two weeks.
- To reconsitute in oil, simply cover with a good-grade olive oil for 24 hours before using.
- Sun-dried tomato oil may be reserved to use in salad dressings and pasta.
What You Need:
- Sun-dried tomatoes