Offering great customer service, a liberal coupon policy, and stocked clearance racks, Bed Bath & Beyond is a saving lover’s dream. It’s easy to shop here—every store is arranged much the same way with soft goods (such as linens and pillows) on one side and utility wares (such as kitchen and cleaning) on the other—but don’t be fooled by the “Everyday Low Prices.” There are ways to save much more at Bed Bath & Beyond, and here’s how to do it.
Saving Tips for Bed Bath & Beyond
- Clearance racks are usually located in the center aisles (look for the yellow clearance stickers), but check aisle end caps in individual product sections for year ‘round overstocks and clearance items.
- Clearance bedding is usually located in two sections—a small rack where the high-end bedding is staged on platforms and a clearance bookshelf or end cap in the section where the less expensive bedding sets are located.
- Watch for specials that feature gift card freebies with purchase or with a registry. These are offered more often in the springtime right before the summer wedding and housewarming season.
- Not sure of your purchase? Bed Bath & Beyond is known for their customer-friendly return policy and offers a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
- Bed Bath & Beyond offers a discount on bulk gift card orders. (Discounts are offered on a case-by-case basis.) If you are expecting to have a great number of purchases in the upcoming months, it may be worth it to you to purchase gift cards. Gift cards never expire and never have a fee.
Saving More With Coupons
- Bed Bath & Beyond is liberal with their coupon printing and usage. In most cases, you can disregard the fine print. Bed Bath & Beyond accepts expired coupons and will allow coupons on clearance and sale merchandise. You may also use more than one coupon per purchase—up to one coupon per item.
- Forgot your coupons or don’t have any yet? No problem. Bed Bath & Beyond will offer a future coupon adjustment. Just bring your receipt and coupon back to the store anytime after purchase for a refund of the coupon amount. There is no time limit—customer service informed me that the coupon adjustment is “at the buyer’s convenience.”
- Bed Bath & Beyond accepts competitor’s coupons and has been known to accept expired competitor’s coupons, as well. The store also accepts manufacturer coupons.
- Bed Bath & Beyond offers a price match policy but their stated policy is that they don’t match competitors’ sale prices, only competitors’ regular advertised prices. It never hurts to ask anyway (many stores will overlook said policy to get your business) and Bed Bath & Beyond accepts coupons on top of the price adjustment.
- If you have a printed coupon but the product you need is online, the store offers a free ordering service and you can use the coupon to check out in the store. Yes, you will still pay shipping (sometimes Bed Bath & Beyond offers free shipping online) but stores have been known to waive the shipping fee, especially if it is an item that they normally carry but are out of.
How to Score Bed Bath & Beyond Coupons
- Sign up for their newsletter to receive coupons by e-mail and snail mail.
- Check magazines and newspapers. Many women’s, home style, and family magazines offer Bed Bath & Beyond coupons monthly.
- Check online! Many bloggers and coupon sites post coupons that you can print and carry.