How to Soften Cream Cheese
- Many recipes require softened cream cheese because of the cream cheese, when beaten, will likely have lumps if still somewhat cold.
- If you didn't take your cream cheese out of the refrigerator ahead of time to soften on the counter, here's how to soften it quickly.
- Take an 8-ounce package of cream cheese. Take it out of its foil wrapping and set it on a microwave-safe plate or bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH power for about 15 to 20 seconds.
How to Bring Butter to Room Temperature Quickly
- Slice the stick of butter thinly or grate it.
- It will come to room temperature (65° F to 70° F for baking) quickly in the smaller pieces.