Nothing can replace the taste and creaminess of real whipped cream. I have a friend who is always ready to whip up a bowl of cream. She only believes in the "real stuff". No artificial whipped toppings for her or for us either.
Time Required: less than 15 minutes
- Begin with thoroughly chilled cream.
- Chill mixing bowl and beaters.
- Whip the cream on medium speed.
- Add sugar (2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup granulated) and any flavorings while whipping cream.
- Cream is whipped when soft peaks form.
- For vanilla-flavored whipped cream, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- For a chocolate flavor add 2 tablespoons cocoa with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- For coffee-flavored cream add 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- One teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of your favorite liquor and liqueur flavors work as well.
- Use cream that has either a 36 to 40 percent milk-fat content (heavy cream) or 30 to 36 percent (light whipping cream).
- Don't over-whip the cream. It turns to butter.
- Sweeten whipped cream to taste, and depending on what it accompanies.
What You Need:
- Heavy or Whipping Cream
- Granulated Sugar
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
Put Whipped Cream on These -
Raspberry Red Velvet Cake
Frosted Sheet Cake
Better Than S.. Cake
Blueberry Limoncello Cake
Apple Spice Cake
Tomato Soup Cake
Double Pineapple Upside down Cake
Scotch Chocolate Cake
Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
Swimming Pool Cake
Bundt Cakes to Try
Tunnel of Fudge Bundt Cake
Hazelnut Bundt Cake
Lemon Poke Cake
Cinnamon Bundt Cake
Limoncello Bundt Cake
Brown Sugar Pound Cake
Black Russian Cake
Fresh Lemon Pound Cake
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip