Check out this easy hummus sandwich recipe to learn how to make hummus sandwiches just like at your local hummus spot. It's easy and you can add whichever vegetables you like. Hummus sandwiches in 10 minutes!
- 1 loaf of pita bread (or whatever type of bread you choose)
- Hummus (store bought or homemade - recipe below)
- Vegetables desired (suggestions include cucumbers, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes)
- First, choose what type of hummus you would like to make your sandwich. Hummus is sold and can be prepared easily at home in a variety of flavors. Check out these hummus varieties - Hummus recipes.
- If you are using pita bread, slice a small amount off the top, allowing the pita to be opened to stuff.
- With a butter knife spread the desired amount of hummus inside the pita pocket.
- Add chopped veggies and enjoy!
Once you have filled your pita pocket, place the filled pita on a medium skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray or 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Cook over medium heat until pita is crispy on each side (about 2 minutes each side).