The Bottom Line
Every big box store needs an army of cheap grills chained up in front of the store for the big cookout holidays. This model from Huntington isn't as cheap as most of those. Built with a cast aluminum body, this inexpensive gas grill will last a little longer and perform better than most of the cheap department store brands. Of course for the price I recommend going charcoal, but if one insists take a look at this simple and small gas grill.
- Small, inexpensive grill
- Cast aluminum body
- Cheap and simple grill
- One dual control stainless steel (thin and low grade) burner with 15,000 BTUs per side
- 300 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 520 square inches
- 30,000 BTU maximum output from the main burner
- Single push-button piezoelectric igniter
- Porcelain coated steel wire cooking grate with chrome plated warming rack
- Cast aluminum cooking chamber with painted steel supports
- Porcelain coated steel vaporization barrier
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Made in the USA by Onward Manufacturing
Guide Review - Master Forge 2-Burner Gas Grill Model# 30030HNT
For the person shopping for a gas grill under $250USD, I recommend buying a charcoal grill. Unfortunately, most people still insist on buying a gas grill. For those I recommend something small and simple and few gas grills are simpler than this one.
The one element that makes this better than most of the comparable grills is that the cooking chamber of this one is made from cast aluminum instead of stamped and painted steel.
The burner on this gas grill is a single unit with two controls giving this model a separate left and right heating with a maximum output of 30,000 BTUs under 300 square inches of cooking space.
While the burner is thin stainless steel and likely to rust through in a few years, at this price it is probably worth it.