The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. It is replaced by the Broil-King Signet 20.
This grill delivers. It has not only the heat but an even cooking system that makes it the best gas grill on the market under $500USD. The stainless steel, dual tube burners provide even heating back to front in a durable system that should last for years. The side burner is the weak link, though. At 10,000 BTU's, this is nothing more than a pot warmer.
Of course, most people don't use the side burner so that really isn't an issue, unless you are one of those who want a good side burner. Hopefully, Lowe's will keep this in stock because this is the deal of the year.
- A great deal on a good Broil King Grill
- Quality cooking system
- Even heating
- High temperature cooking
- Underpowered side burner
- Three 13,333 BTU Dual-Tube stainless steel burners
- 400 square inches of primary cooking space with a total of 635 square inches
- 40,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electronic (AA-battery ignition)
- Cast Aluminum body with 304 stainless steel components
- Cover, rotisserie kit, and propane tank sold separately
- Made in Canada by Onward manufacturing Company exclusively for Lowe's but identical to the Broil-King Signet 40 available for more elsewhere
Guide Review - Huntington 3-Burner Model# 696264C
This is the Broil King Signet 40, which typically sells for around $540USD. This gas grill, however, has been re-badged the Huntington 3-Burner and with this change of nameplate sells exclusively at Lowe's stores for around $370USD. Hopefully, it will be in stock.
To summarize this grill, it is a 3-burner, 40,000 BTU unit with an underpowered 10,000 BTU side burner. The cooking grates are porcelain coated cast iron and heavy enough to excellently transfer heat to great grill marks. The burners are Onward Manufacturing's Dual-tube design that evens the gas pressure front to back, giving this grill even heating. The cast aluminum body is built to last and for a little more than $500USD, this is a good grill, for well under $400USD it is a great deal, maybe too great.
For 2012, Lowe's brought in a special version of the Chinese-made Ducane grill made by Weber. It was less expensive than the most comparable model and seemed like a fantastic deal. Unfortunately, supply wasn't able to meet demand and the Ducane 4200 simply wasn't available. A skeptic might think that this was a bait and switch sort of deal. Hopefully this grill, the Huntington 3-Burner will be available.