The Bottom Line
Huntington grills come in two flavors, the Classic, and the Rebel. This Rebel gas grill from Huntington is the top of the line version at around $600USD from Cabela's. This is a 5-burner gas grill with side and rotisserie burner, making this a very large basic grill. In fact, you might say that this is a little too much grill for the price. However, this Onward Manufacturing product is well built and has most of the features that make their Broil-King specialty line among the best grills available and at this price this is a grill that is hard to beat.
- Good quality construction
- Good, even heat
- Underpowered side burner
- Five 10,000 BTU stainless steel burners
- 555 square inches of primary cooking space with a total of 805 square inches
- 50,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel capped side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 15,000 BTU rear mounted standard rotisserie burner
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Enameled steel, stainless steel, and cast aluminum construction
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Convertible to natural gas with additional equipment
- Made in the United States by Onward Manufacturing Company
Guide Review - Huntington Rebel Model# 613984
This model has been discontinued.
Huntington Grills is a brand of Onward Manufacturing Company, makers of Broil-King and Broil-Mate gas grills. A Canadian company, they purchased a factory in Huntington IN, to start building a line of gas grills with a big label on the box reading, "Made in the U.S.A".
The Huntington Rebel is the more expensive of the Huntington line of gas grills and this model is sold exclusively at Cabela's. At around $600USD this is a 5-burner gas grill with side burner and full rotisserie system, including a 15,000 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner. Basically, this is a large, full function gas grill.
The cooking system in this grill is made with standard stainless steel tubular burners under a porcelain coated metal barrier. The firebox is porcelain coated and you shouldn't have trouble with rust for several years. The porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates are a little light but good at generating grill marks and transferring heat.
Packed onto this grill is also a standard side burner, though at 10,000 BTUs it isn't going to produce a lot of heat. Great for warming up a small saucepan or maybe frying a couple of eggs, but it will take a long time to bring a large pot of water to a boil.