How do I find my local child support agency?
Start by visiting the Illinois Child Support Services website, which provides a comprehensive list of regional child support agencies throughout the state. Alternatively, you can call 2-1-1 to find the office nearest you.
How do I file for child support in Illinois?
The following steps will help you establish a child support order in Illinois:
- Become familiar with Illinois's child support guidelines.
- Optional: Use the Illinois Child Support Calculator to estimate the amount of child support you will receive.
- Print an application for child support services in Illinois.
- Complete the application and mail it to your local child support agency. (The address will be given to you on the application page of the state's website.)
- Once your child support order has been established, sign up online to receive payments through Illinois' EppiCard system.
How do I file for a child support modification in Illinois?
Child support orders are eligible for review every three years or when there is a significant change in either the child's needs or the non-custodial parent's income. To learn more, visit Illinois' Child Support Services Modification page.
Where can I access additional child support resources?
There are several federal and state resources available to you, including:
- The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement
- The Federal Handbook on Child Support Enforcement
- The Child Support Lien Network (CSLN)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Illinois Child Support