The state of Illinois is filled with many citywide, community, and highway yard sales. While there are a number of opportunities to find great deals and antique treasures at sales in your local area, there are a few well-known annual sales that stretch across the state. If you love to hunt for bargains, be sure to add these events to your list.
U.S. Route 40 Flea Markets / Yard Sales
824 Miles Along Route 40 from Baltimore to St. Louis
For more info: Donna Tauber (765) 987 - 7565
* Held Wednesday May 29th through Sunday, June 2, 2019
* Time from "Dawn to Dusk"
* Many communities participate to make the Sale one long festival along the route
* Antiques, collectibles, furniture, fresh garden produce and much more
Lincoln Highway Flea Markets / Yard Sales
500+ miles along the Lincoln Highway from West Virginia to Iowa
For more info: (419) 468-6773
* In 2019, the Buy-Way will be Thursday, August 8 through Saturday, August 10
* Starts on the Lincoln Highway in WV, goes through OH, IN, IL and IA
* Individuals and retailers participate
* Download the Buy-Way Travelers Guide here
Lincoln, Illinois Flea Markets / Garage Sales
VFW Post 1756
915 Fifth Street, Lincoln, Illinois
For more info: (217) 525-9308
* In 2019, it will be held Friday, June 7 through Sunday, June 9
* "Dawn to Dusk"
* Over 100 sellers
Route 75 Flea Markets / Garage Sales
Follows 40 miles of Illinois Highway 75, between I-90 in Rockton and US Highway 20 in Freeport
For more info: (815) 238-9259
* In 2019, it will be held Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1
* It will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Includes hundreds of garage sales, flea markets, craft booths
* Restaurants and refreshment stands sell food, drinks