Thanks to Suzi for sharing this recipe. Serve this tasty taco pie with a salad for a family-friendly weeknight meal.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 ( 1 1/4 oz.) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 can ( 4 oz.) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease glass pie plate, 10 x 1 1/2 inches.
- Cook the ground beef and onion in skillet, stirring, until beef is browned; drain.
- Stir the dry taco seasoning mix into the ground beef and onion mixture.
- Spread the meat mixture in pie plate; top with chile peppers.
- Beat milk, eggs and baking mix until smooth. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 25 minutes. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool, 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, tomatoes and shredded lettuce if desired.
Shared by Miz Suzi
Mexican Beef Pie