How do I find my local child support agency?
Start by visiting the Iowa Child Support Services website, which provides a comprehensive list of child support field offices throughout the state. Alternatively, you can call 2-1-1 to find the office nearest you.
How do I file for child support in Iowa?
The following steps will help you establish a child support order in Iowa:
- Become familiar with Iowa's child support guidelines.
- Optional: Use the Iowa Child Support Calculator to estimate the amount of child support you will receive.
- Print an application for child support services in Iowa.
- Complete the application and mail it to your local child support field office.
- Once your child support order has been established, sign up online to receive payments through Iowa's ReliaCard system.
How do I file for a child support modification in Iowa?
To change a child support order in Iowa, visit the Modifying an Order page of the state's website and follow the instructions for requesting a review and modification, administrative modification, or cost-of-living alteration.
Where can I access additional child support resources?
There are several federal and state resources available to you, including:
- The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement
- The Federal Handbook on Child Support Enforcement
- The Child Support Lien Network (CSLN)