This is such a tasty beef for sandwiches, and it is a snap to put together and cook in the slow cooker. This serves a dozen or more people, so it's great for tailgating or a family get-together.
- 1 (3 to 4 1/2 pounds) beef roast (trimmed, chuck works great)
- 1 can/12 ounces beer (you choose the flavor, or use 1 1/2 cups beef broth, low sodium or unsalted)
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix (dry)
- 1 12-ounce jar Pepperoncini peppers (with the liquid)
- Pour beer (or beef broth or stock) into crock pot.
- Drain liquid from pepperoncini into the crockpot. Stir in the salad dressing mix until well-blended. Place about half of the peppers in the crockpot.
- Trim fat from the roast; place in crock pot on top of peppers.
- Top roast with remaining peppers.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours
- Remove the cooked roast from crock pot; cool slightly. While still warm, pull roast with two forks to shred.
- To serve, ladle a small amount of warm liquid from crock over split rolls or bread, top with shredded beef, then follow with more beef liquid as desired.
Serves 12 to 16
Serve with forks and a stack of napkins.
You Might Also Like