Italian chicken and potatoes is a spicy and wonderful slow cooker recipe that takes just a few minutes to put together. Then it cooks all day while you're away.
You can add other ingredients to this super easy recipe.Try adding a chopped onion and some baby carrots. Or add some chopped bell peppers or some grape tomatoes. You could substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the breasts in this recipe. Use the same amount of thighs, and increase the cooking time to 7 to 9 hours.
You could also use bone-in chicken pieces. Remove the skin and cook them for 7 to 9 hours or until they test 165 F on an instant-read meat thermometer.
Serve this wonderful recipe with hot cooked pasta tossed with some butter and grated Parmesan cheese. A nice green salad, tossed with mushrooms and avocados, and served with more of the zesty Italian salad dressing, would be a nice addition to the meal.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless and skinless, sliced)
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 potatoes (cubed)
- Combine the chicken, salad dressing, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic, and potatoes in a 3- to 4-quart crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked to 165 F and the potatoes are tender.