One of the best marinades you can buy is Italian Dressing. The combination of oil and vinegar with the herbs and spices makes it a flavorful and powerful tenderizer. This is one the the best shortcuts to marinating meats, especially tough cuts of beef.
- 4 strip steaks (or steak of choice)
- 1 bottle of good quality Italian dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL
- lemon pepper seasoning
- black pepper to taste
1. Place steaks into a resealable plastic bag. Pour Italian dressing over steaks making sure meat is well coated. Release air from bag and seal. Place into refrigerator for 4-12 hours. Remove bag containing steaks at least 30 minutes before grilling. Let stand at room temperature during this time.
2.Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
3. Remove steaks from bag and discard marinade. Season steaks with salt, lemon pepper, and black pepper.
Place onto grill and cook for 6-7 minutes per side depending on thickness and desired doneness.
4. Once steaks have reached preferred doneness, remove from heat and let meat rest for 5-7 minutes before serving. Either serve steaks whole, or slice and serve on top of pasta or fresh salad greens. This dish also works well with mashed potatoes or grilled vegetables.