J. is a lifestyle writer and journalist who specializes in food and technology. You might have seen their work in Foodbeast, Tastemade, Chowhound, or The Huffington Post. They previously worked at CBS Interactive writing buying guides for The Guide and updating reviews for CNET.
- J. has written for The Manual, Flowertown, 22 Words, and Culture Trip
- They previously worked at CBS Interactive
- They've been writing for The Spruce since January 2019
J. previously worked at CBS Interactive writing buying guides for The Guide and updating reviews on CNET.
J. studied screenwriting, film theory, and journalism at California State University, Long Beach. They helped establish the film department’s new production design track.
- 38 Subscriptions You Can Gift This Holiday Season, The Guide
- A Simple Guide to Red and White Wine Glasses, The Manual
- Lodge Wants You to Cook it All in Cast Iron on Your Next Camping Trip, The Manual
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.