J. is a lifestyle writer and journalist who specializes in food and technology. You might have seen their work in Foodbeast, Tastemade, Chowhound, or The Huffington Post. They previously worked at CBS Interactive writing buying guides for The Guide and updating reviews for CNET.
- J. has written for The Manual, Flowertown, 22 Words, and Culture Trip
- They previously worked at CBS Interactive
- They've been writing for The Spruce since January 2019
J. previously worked at CBS Interactive writing buying guides for The Guide and updating reviews on CNET.
J. studied screenwriting, film theory, and journalism at California State University, Long Beach. They helped establish the film department’s new production design track.
- 38 Subscriptions You Can Gift This Holiday Season, The Guide
- A Simple Guide to Red and White Wine Glasses, The Manual
- Lodge Wants You to Cook it All in Cast Iron on Your Next Camping Trip, The Manual
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.