This is a great recipe for a Margarita that is definitely above average. It uses a sugary water that is flavored with hibiscus flowers, acting as a wonderful compliment to the bouquet in Tequila Tezón Blanco. It looks beautiful with an unblemished hibiscus in full bloom floating on top as well.
- Pour the ingredients into a chilled cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled margarita glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
*Agua de Jamaica (Hibiscus):
- 2 cups (2 oz) jamaica flowers
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (more if desired)
- 6 cups water
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the flowers and sugar and stir continuously while the mixture boils for one minute.
- Pour into a noncorrosive bowl and steep for 2 hours. (Note: this flower will stain, so do not use a bowl that will stain.)
- Strain the mixture through a sieve, pressing on the flower solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Taste for strength and sweetness. If it is too potent, add water. If it is too tart, add sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate until time to serve.
Recipe Courtesy: Tequila Tezon