These easy salmon patties are a simple combination of canned salmon, bread crumbs, and some onion. An egg and bread crumbs hold the patties together.
Serve salmon patties with a tossed salad or coleslaw, or make them part of a hearty meal with scalloped or roasted potatoes and English peas.
- Remove skin and bones from salmon; flake and drain well.
- In mixing bowl, combine the salmon with egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and onion.
- Make patties about 2 inches in diameter.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the salmon patties in the hot oil for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning to brown both sides.
- Sprinkle salmon patties lightly with salt before serving.