Jennifer is an Oregon based writer, food educator, and author specializing in food content. She is known for her lively talks and workshops on seafood, culinary history, and DIY skills, both on land and onboard river cruises in the Pacific Northwest. Her first book, 25 Culinary Adventures on Oregon’s North Coast, is forthcoming in 2020.
- Jennifer's work has appeared in SeriousEats.com, EaterPDX.com, NPR’s The Salt, 1889: Washington’s Magazine, 1859: Oregon’s Magazine, and more.
- Jennifer holds a Ph.D. in English literature from the University of California at Irvine and Master Food Preserver and Master Gardener certificates from Oregon State University Extension.
- She has written for The Spruce since February 2020.
A former academic, Jennifer has reviewed culinary histories for various publishers and award committees and has tested recipes for several cookbooks. Her work has appeared in publications such as SeriousEats.com, EaterPDX.com, NPR’s The Salt, 1889: Washington’s Magazine, 1859: Oregon’s Magazine, and more. She currently teaches culinary skills classes, develops products and recipes for industry clients, and produces and hosts a show on local seafood on Astoria’s Coast Community Radio.
Jennifer holds a Ph.D. in English literature from the University of California at Irvine and Master Food Preserver and Master Gardener certificates from Oregon State University Extension.
- This Small West Coast Oyster Is Making a Big Comeback, SeriousEats.com
- 14 Fish and Chips Spots Worth Their Salt on the Oregon Coast, Eater
- Juicy Albacore Wraps Recipe, Oregon Coast Magazine
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.