The Bottom Line
This is only one reason to buy this 2-burner version of the best grill in the world and that is because there isn't room for the larger 3-burner unit. The K500HT has all the features and capabilities of the larger versions but in a smaller package. This 2-burner grill offers 506 square inches of primary grilling space, a full rotisserie system, and the option of including Kalamazoo's 1/4-inch stainless steel cooking grates (which I would recommend).
For around $12,000USD (not including optional side burner) you can have this or spend the extra $3,000 for the larger and more versatile 3-burner version.
- Highest grade stainless steel construction
- High, intense, and even heating
- Cooks with wood, charcoal, and/or gas
- Complete rotisserie system
- Highly customizable
- Kind of small considering the price
- Two 25,000 BTU lead-free cast brass burners
- 506 square inches of primary grilling space
- 50,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Standard cooking surface is stainless steel rod grates but can be replaced with laser cut 1/4 stainless steel plate grates
- Complete stainless steel construction including all fasteners, knobs, and any other part
- Built-in rotisserie system with internal motor, chain-driven spit mounts, and infrared rotisserie burners
- Electronic hot surface ignition
- Large capacity fuel drawer for cooking with wood or charcoal (lit from the burners)
- Available extras include side burner unit, external smoker box, customized cooking grates, plus a full line of cabinetry and outdoor appliances
- Made entirely in the United States by Kalamazoo Outdoor Gourmet
Guide Review - Kalamazoo K500HT Freestanding Gas Grill
About this grill, let me say that first of all it is a luxury item.
At around $12,000USD fully equipped (but without side burner), most of us are not going to be buying one of these. If you do have the money, however, I cannot recommend this grill enough. The construction quality is the best in the business and the performance is unlike any other grill.
The hybrid cooking system offers the most versatility of any grill on the market. The option to cook over gas, charcoal, or wood means you can match any flavor profile. It can be as smokey as you like, or straightforward gas grilling. At its highest temperatures, this grill rivals infrared units, but can still maintain very low temperatures for short-term smoking. There is even an optional smoker box that can allow this grill to do much more serious low and slow barbecue. In fact, there are a wide range of accessories, with more being invented all the time.
The second thing I would like to say is that, unless you have limited space and need a smaller grill, this isn't the one to buy. While this grill can do so much, if you are in this market space you probably want much more than a 506 square inch cooking surface. For this reason I recommend looking at the 3-burner version. In fact I recommend that you go straight to my review of the Kalamazoo K750HT and consider that model instead.
It is their best selling grill after all.