Hailing from New England, Kelly Hodgkins is a backpacking and hiking guru who enjoys spending time with her children in the mountains of Maine and New Hampshire. With a background in science and technology, she brings digital know-how to her backcountry ramblings.
- Kelly has written for Digital Trends, Greenbelly and formerly MacRumors, TUAW, BGR, and Gizmodo
- She started writing for The Spruce in December 2018
- She specializes in topics related to outdoor gear, technology, and family
Kelly started writing online for BGR over a decade ago covering smartphones and mobile technology. She transitioned into writing about Apple-related news and products, heading up the app review section at The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW), which was assimilated into Engadget in 2015. Now she has found her niche writing about outdoor gear, technology, and family.
Kelly has her bachelor's in Biology from Loyola University Maryland and was a Ph.D. candidate in Environmental Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire.
- Garmin Fenix 6S Pro Review: Small Watch, Big Deal, Digital Trends
- Garmin Dives Headfirst Into Water Sports with the New Swim 2 Smartwatch, Digital Trends
- Polar's Vantage V and M Watch Update Improves Your Sleep, Reduces Your Stress, Digital Trends
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.