This flavorful tater tot casserole is easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker or in the oven. Use frozen mixed vegetables or a blend of peas and carrots, and saute 1 cup of chopped onion with the ground beef if you like.
Related Recipe: Easy Tater Tot Casserole
- Put the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring and breaking up, until the beef is no longer pink.
- Mix the browned ground beef with 1/2 bag of Tater Tots, cooked veggies, and soup.
- Spoon into a greased baking dish or buttered slow cooker insert.
- Layer the remaining Tater Tots on top.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake in a preheated 350 F oven for about 50 to 60 minutes; remove foil and continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, layer (as above) in a greased slow cooker and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours -- or about 3 hours on high.
Note: Use extra condensed soup if the casserole seems very dry.