This cream candy recipe was shared on our forum.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon. soda
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or maple extract
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine 3 cups sugar, 1 cup boiling water; cook over low heat to 234 F, softball stage.*
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine milk, soda, and butter; bring just to the boiling point.
- When the first mixture gets to soft ball stage, add the second mixture. Continue cooking, to 258 F, hard-ball stage.
- Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Pour out onto a buttered marble slab. Begin to pull as soon as candy is cool enough to handle with hands.
- Pull until candy begins to harden. Stretch into long, thin rope. Cut with scissors.
- Wrap in cellophane wrappers. Makes about 1 1/4 pounds.
Shared by OKRAS1
You Might Also Like