This is Beaumont Inn's Pastry Chef, Cathy Nichols, version of a Kentucky regional classic pie. This is a traditional Kentucky Derby dessert.
- Mix all except water in food processor until crumbly.
- Slowly add ice water until mixture just holds together.
- Wrap in a flat circle in plastic wrap; Chill overnight.
- Form into pie pan.
- Beat eggs with cooled melted butter.
- Add flour and sugar. Beat until mixed well. Gently fold in pecans, chocolate, and bourbon. Add mixture to pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until set. Serve with fresh whipped cream.
You Might Also Like
Pecan Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream
This delicious Kentucky pie is very similar, but with a Bourbon whipped cream topping.
Mitzi's Chocolate Chip Pie
Mitzi's pie is an easy combination of brown sugar, butter, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts.
Kentucky Chocolate - Nut Pie Mix in a Jar
This pie mix makes a great gift to give with instructions for making and baking the pie.