- She holds a J.D. with a certificate in environmental law from the University of Toledo. She also earned an M.S. in interdisciplinary ecology from the University of Florida and a B.A. in ecosystem science and policy from the University of Miami.
- Kiah has written for The Spruce since December 2020.
Kiah is an expert in environmental law and sustainability. She has several years of experience conducting environmental site assessments as part of real estate transactions nationwide. She also has worked on projects to rehabilitate contaminated properties.
Kiah's work has appeared in numerous scientific publications. She is dedicated to intentional, sustainable living and the role humans play in improving the environment.
Kiah lives in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina with her husband, a Vietnamese potbellied pig, and three spoiled chickens.
Kiah has a dual degree in ecosystem science and policy and geological science from the University of Miami. She earned a master’s degree in interdisciplinary ecology from the University of Florida and holds a J.D. from the University of Toledo College of Law, where she concentrated her studies on environmental law.
- Your Guide To The Federal Work-Study Program, Forbes
- 10 Best States To Be a Real Estate Agent, Fit Small Business
- Best Online Contractor License Schools 2019, Fit Small Business
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.