The Bottom Line
KitchenAid, like most brands these days is largely just a brand name. While they have a line of gas grills that they support and supposedly design, this grill is not one of them. This import is brought to us by Nexgrill and has nothing to do with KitchenAid. I say this because I know that lots of people will buy this grill, thinking that it is another KitchenAid product.
Don't be fooled. However, this doesn't mean this is a bad product. Small and simple, this gas grill is designed for the person who wants to grill but doesn't need to grill a lot of food.
- Small space grill
- U-shaped burners even the heat better
- Many parts are very thin and all but the burners are low grade
- Not designed, made, or supported by KitchenAid
- Low heat output for the size
- Two 13,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 320 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking are of 455 square inches
- 23,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Stainless steel plated rod cooking grates
- Stainless steel (400 series) and painted steel construction
- Electronic (battery powered) ignition
- Fold down side tables
- Cover included
- Propane tank and rotisserie kit sold separately
- Convertible to natural gas
This gas grill is attractive and with the side tables folded down takes up very little space.
The heating is relatively even though the heat output is a little low. Of course, it doesn't need to heat a lot of space. From my perspective, the best feature of this grill is the lack of features. At around $300 a gas grill cannot be large or loaded with features or well built. It has to be one and not all.
This isn't a large grill, or loaded with features, right? So it must have some quality to it, and I do mean some. At this price, I would have lost the stainless steel accent pieces and kept it, even more, simple. Once you get down to the base components you find that this isn't a heavy or highly durable grill. Covered (provided) and kept clean it should last longer than many of the similarly priced products sitting on the floor at Home Depot.
If you want a small grill and don't want to spend a lot then this isn't a bad choice. There are however better small gas grills out there.