The Bottom Line
The KitchenAid 3-burner is a classic gas grill with specifications similar to many of the better grills in this price range. Don't buy this grill because of the KitchenAid name. KitchenAid didn't design, manufacture, and doesn't support this grill. Aside from that, this isn't a bad grill for the price. Of course, it isn't a great grill either.
- Heavy duty stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Good heat output
- Not designed, made, or supported by KitchenAid
- Many stainless parts are very thin
- Mostly painted steel construction
- Three 16,000 BTU 304 stainless steel tubular burners
- 483 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 645 square inches of grilling space
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU brass capped side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Electric continuous ignition
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Painted steel and stainless steel construction
- Cover included
- Propane tank and rotisserie kit sold separately
- Made in China by Nexgrill with a licensed name from KitchenAid
Guide Review - KitchenAid 3-Burner Gas Grill Model# 720-0787D
Just to make sure it is clear, this grill is made by a company called Nexgrill Industries. They have licensed the use of the KitchenAid name for use on a number of their grills available at several retailers. KitchenAid plays no role in this grill and anyone buying it for the name stamped on the front is being deceived.
This practice could be seen as deceptive and a violation of truth in advertising.
Aside from that, this KitchenAid 3-Burner isn't necessarily a bad grill. The burners are 304 stainless steel and covered by a 10-year warranty. The heat output is good, not fantastic, but good enough for most grilling tasks.
The design is good and it even comes with a side burner for those who will use it. The overall construction is lightweight and the stainless steel body parts are lower grade though most of the grill is painted steel, which will rust if scratched.
There are better, more basic grills in this price range, but this product isn't a bad choice as long as it isn't being bought for the brand name on the lid.