The Bottom Line
KitchenAid, like most brands these days is largely just a brand name. While they have a line of gas grills that they support and supposedly design, this grill is not one of them. This import is brought to us by Nexgrill and has nothing to do with KitchenAid. I say this because I know that lots of people will buy this grill, thinking that it is another KitchenAid product. Don't be fooled.
However, this doesn't mean this is a bad product. All stainless steel (though largely low grade), this is the perfect size for the person who wants to do some basic grilling but doesn't have a lot of space. With thin metal and lightweight construction, this isn't a bad grill, it just isn't a very good one.
- Heavy duty stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Complete stainless steel construction
- Many stainless parts are very thin and all but the burners are low grade
- Not designed, made, or supported by KitchenAid
- Low heat output for the size
- Two 14,500 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 386 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking are of 515 square inches
- 29,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Complete stainless steel (400 series except the burners) construction
- Electronic (battery powered) ignition
- Fold down side tables
- Propane tank, cover, and rotisserie kit sold separately
- Imported from China by Nexgrill exclusively for Lowes under the KitchenAid brand name
Guide Review - KitchenAid 2-Burner All Stainless Steel Pedestal Model# 720-0819
This model has been discontinued.
The KitchenAid 2-burner at Lowes for 2012 is another of the small space gas grills that have come along in the last few years.
With a small footprint and fold down side tables, this is the perfect size for the Condo or any other small space that allows gas grills. It is perfect if you don't want to do much else than basic grilling. This gas grill is just that, a basic, small, 2-burner gas grill.
The KitchenAid 2-burner, imported by Nexgrill without any support or input from KitchenAid is a shiny and attractive little grill. The complete stainless steel construction makes it stand out and gives the impression of quality. If you are looking at one of these on the floor of your local Lowes, take a walk around the back. There are vents and holes in the back lower panel. Feel the thickness and strength of the metal. This should give you a good idea of the quality of the construction.