This quick cucumber pickle recipe is ready in just 20 minutes. It is not only a tasty treat but a healthful one as well. What's more, the sweet and salty flavor makes it the perfect side dish.
Cucumbers have so many health benefits. They are said to help keep skin in good condition, and because of their water content, they can help you stay hydrated. Cucumbers may even help you lose weight, cut down on your cancer risk and improve your vision. With nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, and silicon, cucumbers may also flush out toxins from your system.
This dish isn't just healthful, but very easy and convenient to make. So, if you're a busy parent on the run or a harried working professional without much time to prepare meals, this recipe is definitely one you should try out. After all, it has just four ingredients, and you can make this really snappy, crunchy cucumber salad that goes so well with Korean meals and sandwiches. Pickled cucumbers are hugely popular in Korean cuisine, so if you're a fan of the food, this dish will be a guaranteed treat for you.
- 4 small Korean or kirby cucumbers*
- 3 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- To make the dish, you'll need to begin by cutting cucumbers into either uniform strips or round slices. You can use mandoline for thinner strips, if you'd like.
- Next, you should sprinkle the cucumbers with sugar and salt and toss gently to combine. If you don't want to use much sugar because you have diabetes or another condition that requires you to monitor your blood glucose, you can adjust the amount of sugar used in this recipe.
- Once the cucumbers have been sprinkled, add vinegar. You need to stir it to make sure all of the cucumbers are coated.
- Once you've completed this step, let the cucumbers sit for about 20 minutes before serving them to your guests. If you've adjusted any of the ingredients, you may want to taste test one of the cucumbers yourself to make sure the flavor is exactly how you like it. If you're cooking the dish for your family, have a spouse or child try one of the cucumbers and let you know what they think about the seasoning.
*You can use one long English cucumber if you don't have access to small pickling cucumbers, but first, cut the cucumber in half, scrape out most of the seeds, and then drain the cucumber on paper towels. This will keep you from making a mess. You'll likely be able to find Korean cucumbers in a specialty market, and you may even be able to order them online.