01 of 06
Last Minute Spicy Valentine's Day Menu Ideas
This year surprise your Valentine with a homemade dinner with a spicy touch. Chilies are said to raise your body temperature, increase blood flow and stimulate nerve endings; so what better way to celebrate this romantic day.
This slideshow includes everything from appetiser to dessert and drink recipes -- there are also several vegetarian options. All you have to do is go to the store and get cooking!
Do make sure that you protect your hands when handling the chilies, as well as have some... cooling foods to calm or cool your mouth before you engage in any romantic activities.
Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
Small Bites or Appetisers
Start the meal off with any of the following appetisers -- all of which are super easy to make.
• Creamy Hummus with Chipotle Pepper Topping, serve this with some warm pieces of pita bread.
Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
Main Dishes or Entrees
These exotic and flavourful main dishes with surely impress your Valentine.
• If lamb is hard to find in your area try this tagine instead, Tagine Style Chicken with Dried Plums and Couscous
• Gluten-Free Corn Pasta with Spicy Cilantro and Cotija Pesto, you could top this with a... piece of salmon or even shrimp.
Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
Something Sweet and Spicy
Dessert is very important for your romantic meal, here's some super easy recipes to try!
• Spicy Linzer Cookies, use heart-shaped cookie cutters for that special touch.
• If you are doing a cheese board for dessert you can include either the baked Panela cheese recipe or these little marinated bites of Feta... cheese.
Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Wash It Down with These Drinks
You'll need to pair the spicy dishes with the perfect drink.
• Pick out the perfect complimentary wine for your special meal using this guide.
• If you'd rather have beer than look over the Tips For Pairing Beer with Spicy Foods guide.
Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
If you don't know what to get your Valentine, or if you want to gift them something fun, perhaps some love coupons are what you need. Check out by Stacy Fisher.