Spices and herbs have a wide variety of uses. Some of these uses include skin care and aromatherapy. I think you can guess by the nature of the title that you can combine the benefits of both into one awesome product. What is even better is that you can make this incredible face scrub at home.
BETTER INGREDIENTS, BETTER PRICE
The greatest reason for making your own facial scrub is closely related to knowledge of ingredients. By making it at home with natural ingredients you can ensure that chemicals and processed/artificial items (that are counterproductive to the health of your skin) are omitted. And even better- this can be made inexpensive at home more so than the products found in spas and health stores.
Furthermore, sugar scrub livens your skin! For most, preventing signs of aging it a high priority and this is just one simple way. The combination of sugar and spice not only softens and tones the face but it also increases blood circulation of the skin. But don't stop at the neck! This facial scrub is gentle yet strong enough to scrub the feet to help remove tough skin and callouses. Who know spices and food ingredients could be useful in so many different ways?!
LAVENDER AND VANILLA EXTRACT
Lavender has many anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties making it easy to soothe the skin in a natural way without clogging pores. Plus, the aroma of lavender is well known to ease head pain and stress. Pure Vanilla extract is known to be a good source of antioxidants which can also help soothe skin and attempt to fight those unwanted signs of aging! Go spices go!
To get started improving your skin naturally, simply follow the steps below:
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond oil (or other light facial-grade oil, such as jojoba or grapeseed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Whisk together the white and brown sugars. Stir in the vanilla until it is evenly distributed. Add the lavender, gently crushing the buds between your fingers.
- Stir in the oil, then the honey, mixing until evenly combined. You will have a thick paste. Transfer the scrub to a non-reactive, airtight container, such as a glass jar. Affix a label and instructions for use. Enjoy!
- To use: Gently massage a small amount of scrub in circular motions over clean skin, avoiding sensitive eye and lip areas. Rinse with warm water, followed by a cool water splash. Pat dry. Follow with moisturizer if desired.